Don’t let the idea of buying expensive decorations for the reception get you down. Lasting memories of the wedding can be achieved with some thoughtful wedding keepsakes. If you’re on a tight budget, we have some great cheap wedding favors and ideas that will let your guest know how much you appreciated their presence on your special day. Even simple ideas such as golf balls which serve as golf favors for a theme wedding work very well.
10 Cheap Wedding Favor Ideas
- Fortune Cookies. Buy some fortune cookies in bulk, carefully slip the message out of each cookie and insert your own. Your messages can be humorous, sweet, or a simple thank you from the both of you.
- Seashells. Live near the beach? Spend the day collecting beautiful shells that will look great wrapped in tulle with a ribbon embossed with your names and wedding date. Don’t forget to soak the shells them in warm antibacterial soapy water for several hours. These little keepsakes serve as great cheap wedding favors, make for great beach wedding decorations, and will help you theme your wedding reception perfectly.
- Bookmarks. Purchase a package of heavy paper from a local business supply store. Create a unique bookmark including an image of you and your spouse. Add a unique quip, such as: “Each day of our lives together is a page in a special book,” then add your names and wedding date. Punch a hole at the top of each bookmark and use strands of colored yarn as a tassel for this effective and cheap favor.
- Deck of Cards. Have your images printed on a pack of playing cards. This will really stun your guests. What a unique and inexpensive favor idea! Ask your local printer of he can do this for you. These work equally well as unique party favor ideas.
- Message in a Bottle. Purchase clear bottles in bulk. Type a special message up for each of your guests. Print them off and roll them up like scrolls. Slip each scroll into a bottle. You may wish to add confetti to each bottle for decor too! Your guests will love the message of thank you and they’ll treasure it as a personalized favor for years to come, and you will love how cheap these favors can be!
- Personalized Key-Rings. Here’s an idea for cheap wedding favors – have your picture placed on a key-ring with your names and the date of your wedding printed on it. It’s a great little unique favor idea that’s affordable and even further discounted if you buy these personalized keepsakes in bulk. It will also provide the opportunity for your loved ones to have a great picture of the newlywed couple.
- Gourmet Coffee Packs. Mix and Match! Add different coffee flavors to different tables so guests can trade-off. Place the coffee in tulle and tie a beautiful ribbon (which matches your bridal party’s colors) around the favor. These discount wedding favors will be well-received by the adults!
- Mini Liquors. One idea for cheap wedding favors is to give everyone a miniature liquor bottle with a card attached to it for wedding toasts. You can print these cards yourself, they may read: A Toast to Mr. and Mrs. (Last Name) . Supply a different favor for all of your underage guests.
- Flower Seed Packages. Purchase seed packet wedding favors for all of your guests. Wrap the seed package in mesh with a note attached that reads: “May your garden bloom as healthy as our love for one another.” These plantable keepsakes are sure to be a hit and are very cost-effective!
- Photograph CD. For the computer savvy families, this is an excellent idea for an affordable wedding favor. Compile photographs from both of your childhoods, then your first pictures together–all the way until this moment. Place them onto a CD for each guest. Your families and friends won’t believe how much you’ve grown into the people you are today.